The Drupal job search module today got a new release: 2.x.
The major feature is that it now has views integration. This exposes fields, filters and arguments to the views module so custom lists can be built.
Some of the useful use cases include:
- List of jobs that the current logged in user has applied for.
- List of all jobs on the site that has had one or more applications.
- List of all jobs applied for by a certain users (an argument).
And much more ...
The following fields are exposed:
- Name of job applicant. This is the job seeker user name who applied for the job.
- Date/time job applied for.
- Resume Node ID. Useful when you use views theming to link to the resume.
And the following filters:
- Job application status: Job has been applied for by one or more users.
- Job applicant User ID: this is a filter on the current logged in user.
As well as this argument:
- Job applicant user ID. This allows you to have one view with a UID argument to show each user the jobs they applied for.
A few default views are included with the module:
- My applications: shows job applications by the currently logged in user.
- Job applications: Recruiter/employer view of all jobs applied for.
- Seeker applications: a view that accepts an optional UID argument to list all applications, or a specific user's applications
The tarball for 5.x-2.x should appear in this release node tomorrow.