Version 2.x of the flag content module has been released for Drupal 4.7.x and Drupal 5.x.
This release has new useful features, such as:
- The ability to flag selected node types, as well as comments and users.
- Allows anonymous users to flag items, if the site admin allows it.
- The flagging user is displayed next to each item when the admin reviews the list of flagged items.
These features are very useful for site owners who do not have the time to read every post, or on very large sites where reading every post is impractical. It should also reduce spam posts, trolling users, and improve the signal to noise ratio.
Several new features are planned, but no firm schedule for them yet. If you want to sponsor or co-sponsor these features, contact us:
- #90098 Add reason for flagging, and a comment by the user.
- #85030 Unpublish items if they get more than a certain thresholds of flags.
- #121058 Display a link to site policies and etiquette.