A new release of the userpoints module for Drupal has been released.
Feature highlights include the following.
- A new transaction system that is in effect an audit trail.
- A moderation system allowing the admin to review and approve/decline points that are earned by users. This is helpful in preventing abuse.
- Administrator defined points. An admin can decide to grant points to a certain user.
- A new API and hook system for module developers. Modules can add their own settings to userpoints module, as well as act on points being gained/lost.
- Modular design separating the parts in serveral modules: userpoints.module handles the API as well as the transaction system and moderation. userpoints_basic.module handles the most common actions, and userpoints_ecommerce.modile handles points for purchases, as well as using points as a payments method.
With this new design, module developer can extend their modules in new and exciting ways.
Download Userpoints 2.0 for Drupal 4.7 from this release page.