We are pleased to announce that we have committed a new version of the Drupal Adsense module to the contributed modules repository at Drupal.org.
The release has some new features, including:
- Added five pre-defined blocks that are easily configurable by the site admin without the need to use any PHP code. This is a major usability improvement for many site owners.
- Added a new "test mode" that ensures Adsense is working correctly specially when setting up revenue sharing.
- The Adsense client ID is now stored in a profile field, both for site owner as well as other users.
- Added a block tag, instead of flexiblock, since that module is not needed much in 4.7 with the new block regions feature.
- Increased number of ad groups (type, color, ..e.tc.) from 3 to 5.
- Increased the number of channels from 3 to 7.
- Updated the online help and instructions, and made it collapsible/collapsed by default, so it is not in the way.
- Separated the online help in its own file to save memory and overhead.
- Added version information and date in the setting page, so users know what they are running.
We plan to start a community on Adsense and other modules we authored here at 2bits.com soon.