2bits.com has released the Nagios monitoring module that integrates your Drupal site (or hundreds of sites!) into with the Nagios monitoring application.
The module reports to Nagios that the site is up and running normally, including:
- PHP is parsing scripts and modules correctly (in case PHP gets disabled for some reason)
- The database is accessible from Drupal
- Whether there are configuration issues with the site, such as:
- pending Drupal version update
- pending Drupal module updates
- unwritable 'files' directory
- Pending updates to the database schema
- Cron not running for a defined period.
- Anything else reported in the Administer -> Reports -> Status report (requirements)
If you already use Nagios in your organization to monitor your
infrastructure, then this module will be useful for you. If you only
run one or two Drupal sites, Nagios may be overkill for this task.
The module is currently available only for Drupal 6.x.